The Noob Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Noob Crew

I'd like me some cornflakes.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why I Write

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Whatsername

Whatsername

Babies : 5

Why I Write Empty
PostSubject: Why I Write   Why I Write I_icon_minitime2011-04-03, 7:24 pm

semicolon abuse GO

"Why do you find writing fun?"

Writing isn't something I think is "fun" like everyone assumes. I don't do it because it gives me some sort of high.

It's like an obligation; something that must be done. My theory is, every person's brain has a little outlet; a little hole in the back of their minds that, when the brain gets too cluttered with thoughts, flushes old bothersome ones out into the open air. The overused thoughts then disappear into the wind, never to be seen again.

Some people, however, have a certain instinct. It's rather selfish, once you think about it; they believe their thoughts are worth recognition. They dread the day their ideas flush out of their heads. They want other people to see them and praise them, peering into their minds and learning who that person truly is. They want their voice, their point of view, the fantasies their imaginations cook up and every other thought to be let out into the open; these people have no shame.

These people are the true artists of the world. They know there's only one way they can get their point across; they dress it up and make it fancy with imagery or vocabulary. Many people have many ways of portraying what they think, whether that's through pictures or films or simple, black-and-white text. No matter what media these people use, they mean it to show other people their eager thoughts before they're flushed away, out of their creator's brain.

To them, showing others their thoughts is like an inner obligation, just like it is for me.

To those who keep their thoughts inside, who don't portray them otherwise; to those who say they aren't the "artsy types"; to those who have never even tried; don't be surprised when you're misunderstood. Don't wonder why you're judged. People don't see the real you because you don't let them. Don't be afraid, don't be shy; nobody will mind it. Save those ideas before they're flushed away. Save them and share them; trust me, people will care.

Last edited by Whatsername on 2011-04-04, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dally

Dally

Babies : 0

Why I Write Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I Write   Why I Write I_icon_minitime2011-04-03, 7:40 pm

I've been having some ideas of stories in my head for a long time and yet I've not a clue how to put them into words that make sense, so they've stayed in my head.

Now those ideas have been locked away into my memories, unable to reach them anymore, just like the past.

Even though I managed to scrap up some ideas into words, not many people have really cared about it, not many people really gets my ideas.
Back to top Go down
Whatsername

Whatsername

Babies : 5

Why I Write Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I Write   Why I Write I_icon_minitime2011-04-03, 7:46 pm

If people don't care about it, you're just showing the wrong people.
I'd care C:
+ if people don't get your ideas, you're just not expressing them properly.
Just keep trying. Scribble them down. Scribble nonsense around them. Step by step, neaten it up. Use your vocabulary. Make it interesting somehow.
It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just keep trying, keep practicing, and you'll get it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why I Write Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I Write   Why I Write I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I Write
Page 1 of 1